Likewise, Chicken Adobo is paleo-friendly! IF you enjoy that sort of thing. I just call it, low-carb …?
I plainly require to get with the 2017 terminology.
Buuut. Hey There YA! Happy Sunday! What are you approximately? How are you doing? DO tell!
It’s Palm Sunday so I’ll remain in the kitchen for most of the day preparing fish and stuff — I’m eyeing that Mediterranean Style Baked Tilapia Then, everybody will come by and consume my 8-hour food preparation in like, 2 minutes … 5 tops.
In the meantime, I just desire and need to discuss THIS Chicken Adobo with YOU! This saucy, vinegary, garlicky deliciousness is to LIVE for!
You understand those recipes we constantly go back to due to the fact that they are just THAT darn great? THIS one is one of those recipes, a minimum of for me. I like it with chicken legs (drumsticks) because you can hold it with your hands and simply munch out all of that remarkable sauce to the last drop. Ain’t gon na lie, I may not look charming doing it, however that’s the last thing I’m thinking of while enjoying my adobo sauce soaked chicken.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ADOBO
While Chicken Adobo might sound foreign and fancy and unapproachable to some, please let me ensure you that this is very, very simple. I indicate, do you anticipate anything more from me ??? I praise one pot, 30 minute meals!
- You will require some soy sauce, of course, however please grab the low salt things. You’re likewise going to reach for the apple cider vinegar, some whole peppercorns, number of bay leaves, and my favorite of all, garrrrlic!
- All of that a little sugar chicken drumsticks will be combined in a big ziploc bag, and stored in the fridge for a number of hours. You desire all that taste therein. TRUST ME. If you don’t have time, do not fret, it’s still delish, however a bit of marinading does not harm one bit.
- You are then going to put out all those bag contents into a big nonstick pan and let it prepare for about 30 minutes.
- A little time (5 minutes) in the broiler and some sauce-reduction, and you have actually got this, boo!
Oh yeah. While all that is occurring, please prepare some rice. Wild rice goes terrific!!
TAKE PLEASURE IN!
CRAVING MORE? REGISTER FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH BRAND-NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF The Most Recent MATERIAL, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND ACTIVE INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Easy Chicken Adobo Dish
Easy Chicken Adobo Dish – Motivated by the Phillipine’s national meal, this garlicky, vinegary, sweet, and sour chicken adobo is so exceptionally delicious and extremely easy to prepare! Paleo friendly.
Portions: 4 Serves
Calories: 287 kcal
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- crushed red pepper, to taste (I utilize about 1/8 teaspoon)
- 2 bay leaves
- green onions, very finely sliced, for garnish
- prepared rice, for serving
Combine chicken, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, light brown sugar, peppercorns, red pepper, and bay leaves in a large ziploc bag; refrigerate for 2 hours.
Pour contents of bag into a big nonstick pan or a dutch oven; set over high heat and bring to a boil.
Decrease heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and continue to prepare for 30 minutes, turning the drumsticks half-way through cooking.
Line a baking sheet with foil; transfer drumsticks to prepared baking sheet and broil for 4 minutes, or until chicken is browned.
In the meantime, boost heat to high and bring the remaining liquid in the pan to a boil.
Continue to prepare for about 8 minutes, or up until lowered to maple syrup consistency.
Eliminate chicken from broiler; transfer to a serving plate and pour the sauce over the chicken.
Serve over cooked rice and garnish with green onions.
- Nutritional Analysis does not consist of rice
- Inspired by: Food Network
Easy Chicken Adobo Dish
Quantity Per Serving
Calories287 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value *
Hydrogenated Fat 3g15%
Carbohydrates 9g 3%
Fiber 0g 0%
Sugar 6g 7%
Vitamin A70 IU 1%
Vitamin C 0.9 mg 1%
Calcium36 mg 4%
Iron 1.5 mg 8%
Percent Daily Worths are based on a 2000 calorie diet.