by Amy Johnson
This post might include Amazon or other affiliate links.
As an Amazon Partner I earn from certifying purchases.
Caprese Chicken is a simple and tasty dinnertime entree that will have your friends and family asking for more!
Chicken is such a simple go to for supper. Grill it, bake it, whatever, its our ultimate household supper, throw in some sort of potato side dish and you’re done! We are always looking for various ways to cook chicken, specifically those that include veggies and a fast cook time. That’s why this easy Caprese Chicken recipe was such a best option. It’s all of our preferred Italian inspired flavors made easy and ideal for dinner. Tomato, basil and mozzarella make for a remarkable combo in salad kind, and we are oh so pleased that it equates so well to this simple peasy frying pan chicken dish.
This fast and scrumptious recipe is easy to prepare. Both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter. When the butter has melted and the oil ripples, include the chicken breast and cook for three minutes on each side, then eliminate chicken from the pan and set aside. In goes the staying oil and butter to the skillet. Wait on the butter to melt then include the diced onion and saute for five minutes. Next, balsamic vinegar and grated garlic enter to cook for one minute.
Finally, stir in the diced tomatoes and fresh basil then give a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring periodically. Be sure to taste and include any additional salt and pepper to your preference. Minimize the heat to low, tuck the cooked chicken breasts into the sauce, and turn to coat each side. Top each chicken breast with mozzarella, and cover to melt the cheese. If you ‘d like, garnish with fresh basil before serving.
This very simple Caprese Chicken recipe is ideal for serving with pasta. Or go gluten-free and serve with roasted vegetables and a huge tossed salad. Take pleasure in!
More easy chicken recipes you will enjoy:
- Chicken Piccata Dish
- Honey Soy Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Easy Garlic Lemon Thyme Chicken Recipe
Easy Caprese Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves grated
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or thin mozzarella slices)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken breasts. *
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Include 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. When oil ripples and butter has melted, include chicken breasts and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Eliminate chicken from pan and reserved.
- Include remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. When butter has melted, include onion and saute for 5 minutes. Include balsamic vinegar and grated garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and fresh basil; give a simmer. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Include additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low. Tuck cooked chicken breasts back into sauce, turn breasts to coat with sauce. Top each chicken breast with mozzarella. Cover and cook till cheese melts, or place under broiler (if skillet is oven-safe) to melt cheese.
- Garnish with extra fresh basil.
If chicken breasts are thicker than 1/2-inch, place between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and carefully pound to about 1/2-inch density.
Upgraded on by Amy Johnson
Get the current!
subscribe now and get brand-new posts delivered via email: