When my spouse and I were welcomed to a barbecue, I threw up this broccoli salad. I tossed in whatever I had in the refrigerator, and the crunchy colorful mix that resulted was a hit. It is a good change from lettuce salads.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 large red apple, cubed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 little red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your option
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a big salad bowl, combine the very first five ingredients.