” This is without a doubt the yummiest stew I have actually ever tasted,” notifies Lorna Irving of Holberg, British Columbia. You can make it ahead and reheat before serving.”.
- 2 pounds lean lamb stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground coriander, cumin and cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot prepared noodles or rice, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil in batches on all sides; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Return meat to Dutch oven.
1 cup: 310 calories, 12 g fat (4g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 533 mg salt, 18 g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.