I’ve been making lamb ribs for several years. My grandma gave me this dish since she knew just how much I enjoy figs. And the toasted walnuts sprinkled on the top give it simply the right touch.– Sylvia Castanon, Long Beach, California.
- 2 crown roasts (2 pounds each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup port red wine or 1/2 cup grape juice plus 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 10 dried figs, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely sliced walnuts, toasted
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
2 each: 363 calories, 16 g fat (4g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 23 g carb (14 g sugars, 3g fiber), 23 g protein.