This hearty and spicy stew is terrific with fresh rolls and your preferred green salad.
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 big onions, chopped
- 2 large sweet yellow peppers, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained pipes
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14 -1/ 2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- Sliced up green onions, sliced tomatoes and corn chips, optional
- In a stockpot, brown lamb in 2 tablespoons oil.
- In the same pan, saute onions and peppers in staying oil up until tender.
- Bring to a boil.
Serve instantly or cool and freeze in a freezer container for as much as 3 months.
To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a large pan; heat through, adding water to thin if wanted. Garnish each serving with green onions, tomatoes and corn chips if preferred.