Ingredients: 8 oz 90% lean ground beef,black pepper, to taste,2 hard boiled eggs, chopped,3 garlic cloves,1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth,1 teaspoon olive oil,2/3 diced cup onion,2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped fine,salt, to taste,4 medium (7 ounce each) zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
- Using a small spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini halves, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell on each half. Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces and set aside 2/3 of a cup to use in the meat filling, saving the rest to use in another recipe. Drop the zucchini in boiling water for 1 minute, remove and drain.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the ground beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cumin until browned and cooked through, breaking up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked meat to a bowl.
- Add the oil to the skillet and cook the onions and garlic over medium heat until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and simmer about 4 to 5 minutes, until it creates a sauce. To the skillet, add 2/3 cup of the reserved chopped zucchini and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked meat to the skillet along with the chicken broth and simmer covered for about 8 minutes until tender.
- Add the chopped hard boiled eggs and cook 2 to 3 minutes, adjusting salt and pepper to taste as needed. On a clean working surface, fill the hollowed out zucchinis with the meat filling, dividing equally between each one.
- Place the broth in large deep 6-quart saucepan with a fitted lid.
- Heat over medium heat and add the stuffed zucchini halves into the saucepan, cover and reduce heat to low, cook for about 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is soft and cooked through.