This all-in-one entree is great to make when your afternoon is going to be busy. The veggies and a little onion soup mix provide the broth lots of flavor.– Taste of Home Test Kitchen.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper flavoring
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cans (14 -1/ 2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper.
- In a 5- or 6-qt.
- Cover and prepare on low up until veggies are tender, 4-5 hours.
1-1/4 cups: 209 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 324 mg salt, 15 g carb (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 veggie, 1/2 starch.