Grilled inside, this wonderful sandwich can be enjoyed whenever of year. “The honey-mustard dressing gives the chicken plenty of style, and the apple and pecans lend a lively crunch,” keeps in mind Lisa Huff of Birmingham, Alabama.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cubed prepared chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 pieces white bread
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a little bowl, integrate the first six ingredients. In another bowl, integrate the chicken, cheese, apple and pecans; add dressing and toss to coat.
- Spread half of the chicken salad on 2 slices of bread. Leading each with another piece of bread, remaining chicken salad and remaining bread. Spread butter on both sides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill up until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
1 each: 730 calories, 42 g fat (14 g hydrogenated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 1155 mg salt, 52 g carbohydrate (14 g sugars, 4g fiber), 39 g protein.