” I initially prepared this pasta salad for a family picnic at a national park and everybody actually enjoyed it. I make certain Nature assisted make that meal so remarkable, but I still discover myself serving this often throughout the summertime,” writes Pam Guerin of Skowhegan, Maine. A zippy dressing lightly coats the tossed mix of pasta, chicken, tomato and onion.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 big tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, integrate the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, onion and cilantro.
1-1/2 cups: 294 calories, 10 g fat (1g filled fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.