Prep/Total Time: 20 minutes.
The concept for this roast beef and cheddar sandwich came from a restaurant that serves theirs on garlic bread. It takes no time at all to create.– Holly Szwej, Bridgeport, New York City
Cheddar French Dip Sandwiches Recipe picture by Taste of House
Every editorial item is independently chosen, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Rankings and prices are accurate and items remain in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound very finely sliced roast beef
- 1 can (14 -1/ 2 ounces) beef broth
- In a little frying pan, melt butter. Include garlic; saute for 1 minute. Place rolls on a flat pan; brush cut sides with garlic butter. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or up until cheese is melted.
- In a big saucepan, integrate beef and broth; heat through. Utilizing tongs or a slotted spoon, location beef on rolls. Serve sandwiches with staying broth for dipping.
1 sandwich: 664 calories, 27 g fat (15 g hydrogenated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1885 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 40 g protein.