For those who like fall-from-the-bone lamb, this recipe shared by Val Creutz of Southold, New York fills the costs. Burgundy white wine includes an unique touch to the sauce that’s served together with.– Mrs. F. W. Creutz, Southold, New York.
- 4 lamb shanks (about 20 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper.
- In a little pan, saute onion and carrot in oil for 3-4 minutes or up until tender.
- Remove lamb and keep warm.
1 each: 525 calories, 26 g fat (11 g hydrogenated fat), 198 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 5g carb (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 54 g protein.