Sweet Potatoes with Bananas and Honey
The BEST Sweet Potato Casserole
Golden Potato Mash
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Funeral Service Potatoes
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
Regular mashed potatoes are used up a notch with the addition of brown butter in these Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 pounds. yellow Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 2– inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Location the butter in a heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the butter begins to turn golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Remove right away from the heat and pour butter into a bowl.
- Location the potatoes in a big pot and cover with water. Add 2 teaspoons of the salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the potatoes hurt, drain and return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher till you reach your wanted consistency. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the browned butter, and include the remaining to the potatoes, in addition to the buttermilk, milk and staying salt. Season with pepper, and more salt if required.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and drizzle with the reserved brown butter.
Welcome to Taste and Inform. Here you will discover easy, quick and household friendly dishes. I am a follower that anyone can prepare which dinner does not have to be made complex. Come join me in my cooking area! Find out more