- 1 1/2 kg boned shoulder of lamb
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, roughly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 175 ml dry cider or dry white wine
- 500 ml chicken stock
- strip orange enthusiasm
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
For the stuffing
- 50 g stoned dates, approximately sliced
- 50 g dried apricots, approximately chopped
- 25 g dried cranberries
- 25 g shelled pistachios, roughly sliced
- handful parsley, finely chopped, plus additional for serving
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- zest 1/2 orange
- 3 slices stagnant bread, zipped into crumbs
- STEP 1
To make the stuffing, soak the dates, apricots and cranberries in boiling water for 30 mins, then drain and capture dry carefully.
- ACTION 2
Season the lamb well on both sides.
- ACTION 3
Heat oven to 150 C/130 C fan/gas 2.