- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 tablespoon sliced rosemary
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 g carrots, scrubbed and cut in half lengthways
- 1 garlic bulb, broken into cloves
- greens from 2 lots salad onions, washed and shredded
- 150 ml dry white red wine
- 600 ml chicken or lamb stock
- 140 g frozen peas (or podded broad beans)
- 25 g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves carefully sliced, stems reserved
- 1 lemon, zested then cut into wedges
- STEP 1
Make several slashes about 1cm deep in each shank, then put them in a big roasting tin.
- STEP 2
Brown the lamb shanks in the oven for 20 mins, turning midway.
- ACTION 5
To serve, return the shanks and carrots to the tin, put over the sauce, scatter with the gremolata and capture over some lemon juice, if you like.