[Photograph: Chichi Wang]
Learn More: The Nasty Bits: Lamb Ribs
- Yield: serves 4 as a main dish
- Total time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- 1 half-rack lamb ribs, about 4 pounds
- Spice rub:
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- A few tablespoons of oil for sautéing, or some trimmed off pieces of lamb fat
In a little bowl, mix the active ingredients for the spice rub and set aside.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and include the oil or lamb fat. Sauté the onions up until they’re softened however not browned, about 5 minutes. Eliminate from heat.
To put together the braise: Cover the bottom of your pan with the sautéed onions and the apricots. Nestle the rack of ribs into the onions and apricots. Gather adequate water so that the ribs are 1/3 of the way submerged, about 2 cups. Cover the pan with foil.
4.Pour off the rendered lamb fat in the pan, setting it aside for another use.
Serve hot or warm. Leftovers may be reheated in a 250 ° F oven up until warm, about 30 minutes.
All items linked here have actually been separately chosen by our editors. We might earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.