This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty mix of beef and great deals of veggies. Perfect for a cold winter night, this soup is reassuring, healthy and totally delicious!
Veggie Beef Soup
This is a soup I grew up and one that I make often. It’s an extremely traditional Romanian beef soup. We call this sort of soup “ ciorba” and it is a sour soup made with beef and lots of vegetables. Usually these soups are made sour with lemon juice or vinegar.
It is among our preferred soups that we make frequently. It’s in fact acted as a meal since of how hearty it is. We usually serve it with sour cream, great deals of marinaded peppers and crusty bread. It’s so filling and satisfying, you’ll love it if you attempt it.
How to Make Vegetable Beef Soup
- The trick to this soup is preparing the beef for a very long time, till it’s tender and it merely melts in your mouth. I generally begin by boiling the beef in water, by doing this you do not need to utilize shop purchased broth, you just make your own.
- When the water comes to a boil, make sure you skim off all the impurities from the top of the broth. This will guarantee your broth will be good and clear and not cloudy and dirty.
- You’ll notice that I utilized an Instant Pot to accelerate the cooking process of the beef, so it’s up to you what you use. In a Dutch oven start by sautéing the onion, carrots, and celery until soft and translucent. Include the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and beef bouillon. Personally I choose to use vegeta which is basically a stock powder with taste enhancers, spices and different veggies.
- Add your vegetables, the beef and beef broth and simmer it for another 30 minutes or so. Next, add the zucchini, lemon juice and cook for another 10 minutes or until the zucchini is softened.
- Include the egg to the soup and stir.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the saute mode and heat the oil. Include the beef and scorch on all sides for about 5 minutes per side. Next, add the onion, carrots and celery and saute for another 5 minutes up until the vegetables are soft.
- Include the remainder of the active ingredients, except the zucchini, lemon juice and egg to the immediate pot, put the lid on and prepare for 20 minutes on the meat or manual setting.
- Once the Instant Pot cycle is total, wait up until the natural release cycle is complete, need to take about 10 minutes. Include the zucchini to the soup and the lemon juice. Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting again and cook for another 10 minutes up until the zucchini has actually softened.
- Include the egg to the soup and stir.
Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Making this soup in a crockpot is so easy. The simplest method to do is add all the active ingredients, other than the zucchini, lemon juice and egg to a crockpot and prepare it on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Then merely include the zucchini and lemon juice and cook it for low for another 20 minutes. Add in the egg and it’s prepared for serving.
- Another thing you can do if you have time is to brown the beef initially in a cast iron frying pan over medium high heat, with a bit of oil. Sear it on all sides, about 5 minutes per side, then add it to the crockpot.
- Taste for spices and adjust if required. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Other Veggies to Add/substitute in Veggie Beef Soup
This soup is incredibly flexible. Other vegetables to add can be peas, bell peppers, broccoli, or cabbage.
You can also add rice or noodles to it and make it even more heartier. If including rice, add about 1/2 cup of uncooked rice If including noodles include about 1 cup of uncooked noodles.
How to Store Vegetable Beef Soup Leftovers
Finest method to save leftovers would remain in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, you can either reheat it in a soup pot on the stove or reheat it in the microwave in a microwavable dish.
Can You Freeze Beef Soup
You can definitely freeze this soup. Cool the soup completely then store it in an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bags. Shop it in the freezer for 3 to 4 months.
Defrost out overnight in the refrigerate then reheat in a soup pot on the stove, or microwave it in a microwavable meal.
Searching For More Beef Recipes? Attempt These:
- Easy Beef Lasagna
- One Pot Beef Ragu Pasta
- Frying pan Shepherd’s Pie
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Looking for more dishes? Follow on …
Veggie Beef Soup
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 2 hrs50 minutes
Total: 3 hrs 5 mins
This Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty mix of beef and great deals of vegetables. Perfect for a cold winter season night, this soup is reassuring, healthy and totally tasty!
- 2 pounds stewing beef or chuck roast, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 8 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 145 oz diced tomatoes( 1 can)
- 1 beef bouillon or 2 tbsp vegeta
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 little zucchini sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
Include beef, cauliflower and simmer: Include the cauliflower and cooked beef to the pot.
Add egg: Pour the egg mix into the soup and rapidly stir.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with parsley and serve with sour cream and marinaded hot peppers.
- If you see the video, you’ll notice I cooked my beef in an instant pot to speed up the cooking procedure. If you have an instantaneous pot, cook it for 20 minutes on the meat or manual setting.
- Please bear in mind that dietary info is a rough price quote and can vary greatly based on items used.
Serving: 1 bowl Calories: 297 kcal(15%) Carbohydrates: 8 g(3%) Protein: 24 g(48%) Fat: 19 g(29%) Saturated Fat: 6 g(38%) Cholesterol: 104 mg(35%) Salt: 551 mg(24%) Potassium: 739 mg(21%) Fiber: 2 g(8%) Sugar: 4 g(4%) Vitamin A: 2985 IU(60%) Vitamin C: 228 mg(28%) Calcium: 70 mg(7%) Iron: 3.5 mg(19%)
Course: Main Course, Soup
Keyword: beef soup, romanian food, vegetable beef soup
Attempted this dish? Rate it listed below tag @jocooks on instagram and hashtag it #jocooks!
I’m Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. Here you will discover a variety of recipes using basic everyday ingredients and producing wonderful, delicious and soothing meals, consisting of some decadent desserts.
Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
This website utilizes Akismet to decrease spam. Discover how your comment information is processed.