I produced this rapid grilled meal for our child, a fan of Indian food. The mango chutney and subtle curry provide the beef a sweet and spicy flavor.– Judy Thompson, Ankeny, IA.
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- CHUTNEY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five components; include the beef. Seal bag and rely on coat; refrigerate over night.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce active ingredients. Cover and cool up until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto eight metal or soaked wood skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; utilizing long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or till meat reaches preferred doneness, turning periodically. Serve with sauce.
2 skewers with 2 tablespoons sauce: 258 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 321 mg salt, 23 g carb (15 g sugars, 0 fiber), 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.