Healthy Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal is the ideal make-ahead breakfast. It’s so tasty, you might even have it for dessert!
This healthy baked Pumpkin Oatmeal was really an entire household pleaser, with the kids actually bargaining (we try to do that rather of arguing) over who was going to have the last piece for breakfast the next day.
We like to bake our oatmeal ahead of time, and re-heat it in the early morning, but you can also blend it up the day before and simply popped in the oven in the early morning. In either case you will have a good warm, hearty and healthy breakfast.
This baked Pumpkin Oatmeal is sweetened with natural maple syrup, and contains no oils or butter. The pumpkin puree is enough to add the wetness you need.
Do not hesitate to omit the pecans or walnuts if you desire it to be nut totally free. You can make the recipe your own– Attempt including dried cranberries or sunflower seeds to alter things up a bit.
Love Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal? Here are a couple of more make-ahead breakfast concepts:
- Sheet Pan Eggs
- Make-Ahead Baked French Toast
- Gluten Free Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Smoked Salmon and Vegetable Frittata
- Overnight Holiday Breakfast Casserole
Side Note: Now, I know, not all of you can consume oats, even if they are gluten complimentary. A number of us can tolerate them without any problems. Simply ensure your oats are labeled “Gluten Free” on the bundle. If you’re uncertain, please talk to your physician about it.
- 2/3 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 big egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups certified gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gently grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan. Reserve.
- In a big bowl, whisk together all the wet active ingredients.
- Stir in the dry components.
- Pour into the lightly greased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes prior to serving. This would be great topped with some ice cream or whipped cream too.
Images upgraded October 2018.