Ingredients: 1 cup canned tomatoes, cut up,1/2 tablespoon chili powder,1 teaspoon dried basil leaves,1 egg, slightly beaten,1 clove garlic, minced,1/2 pound ground sirloin,2 sweet Italian sausages, removed from casings,1 cup uncooked mostaccioli pasta,2 tablespoons each of chopped onion and green pepper,1/4 cup Parmesan cheese,1/2 teaspoon red pepper,8 ounces ricotta cheese,1/2 teaspoon salt and dried oregano,dash sugar and black pepper,3 ounces tomato paste,1/2 cup water
- Cook mostaccioli until al dente in boiling salted water.
- Drain and set aside.In skillet, combine meat, sausages, onion, green pepper and garlic. cook breaking up meat, until meat is browned.
- Drain off fat. To the meat, add all remaining ingredients, except egg and cheeses. Bring meat sauce to a boil.Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.Meanwhile, combine egg and cheeses.To assemble, stir cooked pasta into meat sauce.
- Place half in 1 quart buttered baking dish.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over the top. cover with remaining pasta.
- Bake, covered, at 350 F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serves 4.