My other half requests this Asian orange chicken a minimum of every other week. I can even make the sauce ahead of time and leave it in the refrigerator for him to use anytime.– Kali Kennebrew, Fishers, Indiana.
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange enthusiasm
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a little bowl, integrate the onion, orange juice, soy sauce, oil, hoisin sauce, gingerroot, orange zest and garlic; put over chicken.
3-1/2 ounce-weight: 211 calories, 8g fat (1g filled fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 783 mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.