Asian Beef Pot Roast– Low Carbohydrate & Paleo
This delicious low carbohydrate Asian beef pot roast is what I’m calling a “tweener” recipe. As we enter mid-March, it’s still chilly so you aren’t totally over the winter season home cooking phase, however you’re likewise craving something lighter in anticipation of Spring– this paleo friendly pot roast dish provides both!
The pot roast itself is tender and succulent, with hints of ginger and orange and a small sweet taste. The garnishes are where you add some intense, fresh flavors and textures– using red cabbage, cilantro, scallions, fresh orange zest, and anything else you can dream up!
You can serve this tasty pot roast in a bowl over some cauliflower rice, and then include the garnishes on top …
Or you can serve it inside some butter or other soft lettuce leaves and consume it with your hands Korean BARBEQUE design– which is my personal preferred!
You don’t see it in the photos, but after the picture shoot I made a velvety Sriracha orange sauce that I drizzled over the top before we had them for dinner and it really made a huge distinction!
I’m including the dish for the sauce below the pot roast recipe below so you can attempt it. I highly advise having this with the sauce to get the full effect!
I made my Asian beef pot roast in the Immediate Pot and it was very quick– less than an hour from start to finish! If you don’t have an Instantaneous Pot (get one, seriously) then you can make this in the sluggish cooker (4 hours on high) and even simmer it on the stovetop in a dutch oven for about 4 hours.
Whatever method you pick to cook this low carb Asian beef pot roast with, I can promise you that it’s going to taste remarkable!!!
Note: I utilized orange extract for the orange flavor, instead of actual juice from the orange which assists keep the carbohydrates down. If you don’t have it you can utilize orange juice or more passion, simply make sure to consider the extra carbs the juice will add. You can discover orange extract in the spice aisle of many grocery stores.
This delicious low carb Asian design beef pot roast recipe will be an immediate hit with the whole household! Serve it over cauliflower rice or in lettuce leaves Korean BARBEQUE style!
For the pot roast:
- 1 boneless chuck roast ( 4— 5 pounds)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp orange extract (see example)
- 1/4 cup sugar totally free fish sauce (IBIH advises)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar replacement (IBIH advises)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp orange enthusiasm
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar replacement
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
Advised garnish options:
- Shredded red cabbage
- butter lettuce leaves
- sliced cilantro
- fresh orange zest
- sliced scallions
For the Sriracha orange sauce:
- 1/4 cup sugar complimentary mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar alternative
- 1/2 tsp fresh orange passion
For the pot roast:
- Integrate the whole chuck roast, garlic, ginger, orange extract, fish sauce, sweetener, red pepper flakes, and water in your Instantaneous Pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot and use the Manual setting to set the time to 35 minutes on high pressure.
- After the cooking is done, release the pressure per maker’s directions and eliminate cover.
- Stir in the orange enthusiasm, 1 Tablespoon sweetener, and red white wine vinegar.
- Cook on the saute setting for 5 minutes.
- Eliminate from the heat, shred the meat, and serve with optional garnishes in a bowl or lettuce leaves.
For the Sriracha sauce:
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a little bowl and whisk together till smooth.
If utilizing a slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Then cook the liquid down on the stovetop till thickened prior to serving.
Approx nutrition information for 4 oz pot roast: 245 calories, 9g fat, 0g carbohydrates, 38 g protein
Approx nutrition details for 1 tsp Sriracha sauce: 34 calories, 4g fat, 0g carbohydrates, 0g protein
Note: These totals do not represent the garnishes you might utilize on the pot roast such as cauliflower rice, cabbage, cilantro, orange zest, and so on
You’ve still got a couple of months till swimsuit season– a lot of time to drop that winter season weight you’ve been bring around!( or maybe that’s just me!) Get your butt in gear with my totally free weekly keto menu plans and shopping lists !!!!
On a keto roll but need fresh dish ideas?
Trying to find more scrumptious keto dishes???
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment information is processed.