The rave-winning dish is best when you wish to make something ahead of time. Visitors with hearty appetites will like the chunks of chicken, crispy cashews and Asiago cheese.– James F Korzenowski, Fennville, Michigan.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers or toasted baguette slices
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, integrate the mayonnaise, onion, cheese, basil, pepper sauce and chicken mix; cover and process up until mixed.
- If wanted, unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers or baguette slices.
2 tablespoons: 98 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 109 mg salt, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.