These tender sandwiches will surely become the talk of any party. Helen Hassler of Denver, Pennsylvania hollows out sourdough baguettes prior to filling them with cucumber, cheese and marinaded lamb and artichokes. Simply scrumptious, the mouthwatering bites are best for a spring brunch.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup plus 6 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 2 sourdough baguettes (1 pound each)
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese, sliced
2 each: 239 calories, 8g fat (2g hydrogenated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 511 mg salt, 26 g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15 g protein.